Rose Bouquet 3 Column

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bridal Shower

Friday, July 10, 2009 - My soon to be sis-in-law, Melissa, was kind enough to throw me a Bridal Shower tonight. As usual, it was organized to the T and was totally over the top and fabulous!! Martha has nothing on you Liss! :)

We started off by playing games, for the first game, everyone was given a ring, and they weren't allowed to say wedding, Matt, or Jen or they would lose their ring, and whoever had the most at the end of the night was the winner. Liss lost hers in the first five minutes. For coming up with these games, she sure wasn't very good at them. LOL!!! ;) The second game Liss passed around a jar of mini candy doves and everyone had to guess how many were in the jar. I was closes! I think I was off by 5 or 10. Then for the third game, Melissa filled a tray with all sorts of things that had to do with marriage such as: A baby, money, candle, gardening gloves, KY, Twilight, pictures, the temple, etc. and we had 1 minute to look at it, then she took it out of the room, and we had to try and remember all 15 items on the tray. I could only remember 10. My friend Alyssa won for most, and my Grandma for remembering the least. Lindsay ended up winning the ring game. (We each won a VERY cute Pink! prize.)

After playing games, we had treats. Liss had her chocolate fountain going, so we dipped marshmallows, nuts, cinnamon bears, pretzels, strawberries, and cherries in it. It was fabulous!!!

Then came time for the gifts. Each person invited was given a special time, like 7:00 a.m. - you had to buy the bride something you could use at 7:00 in the morning. Such as bedding, or items to use in the kitchen for making breakfast (great idea Liss!). So I ended up getting, a Target gift card from Alyssa, Cracker and Bread Baskets along with Chili bowls from Grandma Joyce, a vaccuum from my family, a mini vacuum from Aunt Connie, a special mop/swiffer sweeper from Aunt Cathie, a book and $ from Kim, soup bowls and a serving tray from Aunt Peggy, lingerie from Cindy, an afghan from Grandma C., and lingerie from Grandma T.

I had an awesome time and can't thank everyone enough for the lovely shower and the awesome gifts. They will all be put to good use!!! :)















3 comments:

  1. thanks for letting me do it for you...I love entertaining. We should of gotten the photos before half the plate of bears was gone, fountain was turned off and mint cups were ate but hey it turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! Everything looks amazing! Melissa is amazing at everything she does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. Wish I could have been there congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers