Rose Bouquet 3 Column

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wedding Dress Shopping!!!

Friday, March 20, 2009 - Kim and I left at 10:00 and headed down to the salon (where she works) to get eyelashes put on. We had skipped breakfast that morning so we headed down to Mimis for some lunch, and I had the best pot roast I think I've ever had! Then we headed over to Frenze Bridal to begin our dress shopping.

I started out by just walking around the store and picking out various dresses to try on to see what I liked, when the sales-woman asked if I would be willing to try on a brand-new dress that they had just received and thought I was the only one small enough to fit into it (the dress was a size 8 - yikes!) So I said sure and she put that one in my room for me too.

I tried on the first dress that was ok - but nothing special, and then tried on the dress that the sales lady picked out for me, and I knew immediately that it was the one!!!! But, I wanted to make sure so I tried on about a dozen other dresses, but they didn't even begin to compare to "my" dress. I tried "my" dress on again, just to be sure, and I was!! So we matched a veil, tiara, earrings, and garter to the dress and put in our order for the dress to be made (evidently a size 0 isn't as common as one would think.) It will be here June 20th and it is absolutely gorgeous!! It is what they call Diamond White, with a big poofy "princess" like skirt, and a bodice adorned with rhinestones, swarovski crystals, and I believe a few pearls. It has a train in the back, that after the wedding can be pulled up and pinned in the back so there are 3 gorgeous layers with rhinestones at the top in the back.

I'm so excited, and so glad that I didn't have to go all over town!! Trying on those HEAVY dresses is a lot harder work than it looks. So - now I'm REALLY excited for the wedding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers